Farmer Accident Insurance (A.A.E.X.A.)
The farm manager must take out obligatory insurance cover for himself, members of his family and more generally anybody working on the farm guaranteeing:
- the cost of health care required after an accident at work or in private life, or after an illness caused by professional activities.
- a total or partial disability allowanceshould the person concerned no longer to able to work in agriculture.
If the farmer wants to obtain more extensive cover, he should take out additional cover that will come into play in case of:
- sick pay, by the payment of daily indemnities,
- invalidity, by the payment of an allowance or lump sum,
- death, by the payment of a lump sum to the farmer’s spouse or heirs.
In order to meet health expenses (doctors, pharmacy, …) in case of illness, the farmer can take out additional “health care expenses” cover.
Who are the beneficiaries of the AAEXA?
Only those who work on the farm are concerned:
- the farm manager or head of the farm company
- a non-salaried member of the farmor company subject to health insurance for farmers (AMEXA)
- a family assistant or partner in the farm
- the spouse, where he/she takes part in farm work (spouse benefiting from the status of spouse taking part in the work or collaborator spouse).
- a child between the ages of 14 and 16 (and up to the age of 21 in some cases) who takes part in work on the farm occasionally benefits from a presumption of affiliation. They do not have to be registered on the membership form and no contributions are required for them. This provision applies subject to the interested parties not being declared as family assistants.
Where to apply
For further informations and contacts, visit the MSA website (in french)