In order to benefit from installation assistance (DJA and subsidised loans), the young farmer must fulfil a set of conditions:
Besides acquiring professional agricultural skills (the commitment is to acquire them in three years), you must:
• Be between 18 and 39 years old;
• Be a French national a national of another member State of the European Union, nationals of non-member countries must provide proof of a work permit allowing them to work in France for a minimum of 5 years from the date of installation. Foreign persons wishing to operate an agricultural company in France must obtain authorisation and a professional management card. This card is payable (duty stamp). Each card will specify the type of operation the foreign person is authorised to establish as well as the family members the foreign person has declared to be living and working with him, and the nature and conditions of the activities he may perform, as applicable. Said authorisation and professional card can be obtained either from the Ministry of Agriculture or, by assignment, from the regional Director of Agriculture and Forestry of the Department in which the company is based;
• The size and cost of the operation should be such that all conditions relating to the social welfare scheme for non-salaried persons working in agricultural professions can be met, AMEXA;
• The personalised Professionalization Plan (PPP) must have been drafted. The PPP must be approved by the Prefect before submitting your application for installation assistance.
Conditions related to the project
• You must write an Operational Development Plan (ODP) covering the first 5 years and showing the technical and economic aspects of the new company, the evolution of activities and the plan for financing investments;
• The establishment of a business which provides sufficient revenue after 5 years following installation (at least the net annual minimum wage);
• For an individual installation, the operation must constitute an independent economic unit with its own buildings and sufficient production methods;
• Installation can be done in the form of a company;
• Installation can be done as a main or secondary occupation.
Commitments of the recipient
A candidate installing himself either individually or as a company undertakes to comply with the following commitments for a period of 5 years:
• To remain a farmer for a minimum period of 5 years under the conditions set out in the ODP;
• To keep a set of accounts;
• To remain farming as a main occupation if he has obtained a full rate DJA, or as a secondary occupation if the DJA is for this;
Other commitments must be fulfilled for a shorter duration (3 years):
• All equipment used must be kept in compliance with regulations relating to environmental protection;
• The minimum health and hygiene and animal welfare standards must be met within a period of 3 years.
• Submission of application: The candidate must send the application to the Prefect (DDT or DDTM) for approval of professional skills (diplomas acquired, internships completed, PPP validated);
• The chamber of Agriculture is responsible for preliminary procedures. After processing by the DDT or DDTM, the dossier will be examined by the Departmental Agricultural Guidance Commission (CDOA) after which the Prefect will make the decision to award assistance;
• The award will be paid by the Payment services agency (ASP) once installation has been proven.